It's good to be back!Find out more
Why Our Pub is Great
The Wheatsheaf Hotel in Baslow is a Peak District bolthole with easy access to Chesterfield, Sheffield and Derby. Thoughtfully restored to retain many of the original features of the building, our hotel combines historic charm and contemporary style. We have nice guest rooms with en-suite facilities and flatscreen TVs, WiFi is included in the room rate.
Take a drive out to us for a pub lunch or dinner with friends. Real ales, guest beers, world wines, and spirits are always available at the bar. We do the kind of food you find in a casual restaurant. Grills are our forte, but there are plenty of alternatives. Roast chicken is served with a wide choice of sauces and sides, and vegetarian choices, curries, burgers and fish dishes taste every bit as good as they look.
The Wheatsheaf is one of the best places to stay in the Peak District. Couples love our cosy feel and tranquil setting. Families appreciate the sprawling beer garden and the brilliant adventure play area. Tourists like the fact that we are a short drive from the grand Chatsworth House. Walkers like our location; there are some lovely short and long walks around Baslow and the surrounding areas. Come and see for yourself!
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Proper, authentic pub food is what we do. Think delicious plates of comforting, traditional favourites, with delightfully modern twists. Steaks and grills are the stars of our menu. Moreish sharers, nibbles and salads are ideal if you want a quick bite, or if you want something a little different try one of our daily specials. We promise to always make you feel welcome, whether you're having a beer and nibbles in the bar, or enjoying a more leisurely meal in the dining area.View our Menus
Our Pub Facilities
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.